If you are Nigerian, chances are you know the meaning of hook up. However, for those who might not be familiar with Nigerian slangs, I will try to explain.
“Hook up” can have different meanings depending on the context in which it is used. In a general sense, “hook up” refers to a casual sexual encounter between two people. This can range from kissing and sexual touching to sexual intercourse, and can occur between individuals who may or may not have an established relationship.
However, it’s important to note that the term “hook up” can also have different connotations depending on the culture, age group, and region. In some cases, it may refer to a romantic or sexual relationship that is not necessarily casual or short-term. Therefore, it’s always best to consider the context and intent of the speaker when interpreting the meaning of the term “hook up.”
In Nigeria, hook up simply means “ashawo” business. We now have hook-up girls and hook-up apps, funny, right? Well, it’s what it is.
Many believe seven out of every ten girls is into hook up making it hard to know who is into hook up and who is not.
Here is How to know when a girl wants to go into hook-up or is already a pro-hook-up babe using social media as a tool for marketing according to Brian Dennis
- She starts posting teasing photos on social media. Her family members complain and she blocks them. This is when she gets her first set of clients.
- Because the money is sweet and she wants more, she starts posting videos of her twerking on social media.
- She’s always turning up on her social media. On her whatsApp and IG stories, she’s always doing “we outside” in different locations.
- She posts couples that she doesn’t know either kissing or making out.
- She celebrates her mentors who claim to be Nollywood actress.
- She becomes defensive anytime and anywhere she sees people calling out prostitution.
- She starts saving for yansh surgery. Yansh surgery is like the project topic of prostitutes. After a successful surgery, she has graduated.
- She’ll either now add Actress, Instagram lifestyle influencer or video vixen as her cover-up career.