Mercy Chinwo is one of the biggest gospel artists in Nigeria and Africa. She is a singer, songwriter, actor and entrepreneur.
Her major breakthrough came in 2018 with her song, ‘Excess Love’ which gained so much popularity and confirmed her musical ability. Today, Excess Love has over 90 million views on YouTube.
She got married to Pastor Blessed on August 13th, 2022 and she’s been the talk of the town having pulled out what looks like one of the biggest weddings in 2022.
Well, here are the 12 things you should know about her:
1. Her full name is Mercy Nnenda Chinwo
2. Mercy Chinwo was born on September 5, 1990 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State in the southern part of Nigeria.
3. She is the fourth of five children in her family and she’s the first daughter.
4. Her father is Ikwerrre while her mother is from Akwa Ibom reason why she speaks Ibibio even in her songs
5. Her birthday is September 5th and She’ll be turning 32 this year.
6. She won the Nigerian Idol Season 2 in 2012.
7. Mercy Chinwo began singing at the age of 8 years first in her church children’s choir and then in the adult choir before embarkingon her music career.
8. She released her first single, “Testimony”, in 2015, and “Igwe” a year later.
9. In 2013, she landed her first film role in Yvonne Nelson’s film, House of Gold where she acted as Lucia, starring alongside Yvonne Nelson, Majid Michel, and Omawumi among others. The film House of Gold won Best Picture at the Ghana Movie Awards and Best Ghanaian Movie at the 2013 City People.
10. In 2017, Mercy Chinwo Signed a record deal with Eezee Conceptz, a record label owned by Ezekiel Onyedikachukwu Thankgod also known as Eezee Tee which is also home to GUC, Chidinma, Judikay.
11. Awards and honours
In 2018, Mercy Chinwo was awarded the Best Gospel Artiste at the CLIMAX Awards 2018.
In 2019, at the maiden edition of the Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST 2019). She was named winner in the categories Africa Gospel New Artiste of the Year, Africa Gospel Female Artiste of the Year, and Africa Gospel Song of the Year (Excess Love).
In 2020, she emerges as the Gospel Artiste of the year at the AFRIMMA Awards.
Some of her songs include Excess Love, Igwe, No more pain, Chinedum, Kosi, Na u dey reign, Yahweh, Omenkanaya, etc.
12. On August 13, 2022, Mercy Chinwo got married to her beloved husband Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa of Water Brooks Church. This comes a day after the couple celebrated their traditional marriage ceremony in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
[…] Mercy Chinwo Blessed formerly popularly known as Mercy Chinwo and her former label boss, Onyedikachukwu Thankgod Ezekiel have been in a cold war for some time now. […]
[…] Mercy Chinwo Blessed popularly known as Mercy Chinwo and her former label boss, Onyedikachukwu Thankgod Ezekiel have been in a cold war for some time now. […]
[…] 12 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Mercy Chinwo […]
[…] Mercy Chinwo, a renowned gospel singer, has just released a new track titled “Confidence”, marking […]