The world has been waiting on any form of positive news on the Coronavirus for weeks now, and it seems like there is no ray of light coming for us, until recently. Some top European news agencies have reported immense progress in fight against this virus in the last month, and the amount of progress the world has made towards ending this pandemic. Here are a few reports to keep your faith alive.
1. China closes down all temporary quarantine hospitals in Wuhan.
The New York Post reported that China has CLOSED all 16 temporary Coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan. They don’t have enough new cases to keep them open.
Wuhan was the first and most hit city in China when the Coronavirus first broke out, thus the name “Wuhan Virus”. So, if they are shutting sown most of the temporary hospitals built their to support quarantine then it means that a lot of people are getting better by the day, which is actually good news.
2. Indian doctors successfully treat Italian Patient of Coronavirus.
The Times India has reported that doctors in India have successfully treated an Italian COVID-19 patient. The combination of drugs used include Lopinavir, Ritonavir, Oseltamivir and Chloroquine.
3. Chinese grandmother makes full recovery from COVID-19
The Daily Mail UK reports that a 103-year old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for six days in Wuhan, China.
4. The BBC reports that Apple has reopened all 42 of its retail stores in China. This is good news because as at last month, the whole of China was on total lockdown due to the quarantine period. So for business to confidently start to resume, then China is getting safer.
5. The Fox News reports that Cleveland Clinic has developed a COVID-19 test that gives result in hours, not days. Fantastic news if you ask me!
6. The NBC reports that multiple potential COVID-19 vaccines are currently in development and testing, with at least three in the U.S.
7. The Fox news says the first three people to test positive for COVID-19 in the state of Maryland have recovered and are able to resume their normal lives. The three lives include a married couple in their 70s and a woman in her 50s.
8. The New York Post reports that a team of Canadian scientists has successfully isolated and grown copies of the Coronavirus, bringing the world a step closer to finding a vaccine.
9. The Tulsa World News have reported that the first person to test positive for COVID-19 in Oklahoma has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
10. The NL Times has reported that a team of 10 scientific researchers from the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam and Utrecht University say they are the first in the world to discover an antibody capable of fending off an infection by COVID-19. The discovery could lead to an anti-viral medication.
11. The Spectator index has just reported that more than 100,000 people have now recovered from the Coronavirus. Which is a very huge progress considering the amount of people infected across the globe