It was a honour to be a part of the Young Ministers Conference, 2021 organised by Omodibo Moses . A summary of what I taught:
- Connection: God is your source in ministry. You can only be impactful in ministry by maintaining a vital relationship with God. No matter what, do whatever it takes to maintain the vital relationship and fellowship with God. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5 NIV
- Character: Character is the foundation of an impactful and lasting ministry. Character transformation is a major work of the Holy Spirit. Speaking in tongues is a sign the Holy Spirit came, but manifesting the fruit of the Spirit is a proof He stayed.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2 NIV
- Competence: Competence is about having the requisite knowledge and skills to perform a particular task with excellence. God is known for excellence not mediocrity.
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Cor. 3:6 NIV
- Content: What do you carry? This is vital. You must know what gifts and graces you have received from God. Your content is what you have been given to add value and solve problems for people in ministry.
But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people.”
Ephesians 4:7-8 NIV
- Capacity: This is about HOW MUCH YOU CAN CARRY? Capacity determines what God will entrust into your hands. In fact, I have learnt that God cannot give you what you cannot handle. It is as your strength increases, that God entrust more things into your hands.
Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.
Exodus 23:30 NIV