Messaging app, WhatsApp has updated its video call feature that now allows a group of eight participants to chat
A lot of companies and organizations are already going digital due to the ongoing pandemic, which is why many social media platforms like WhatsApp are increasing the numbers of their group video chats.
The messaging app initially allows a group of four, but now allows a group of eight which due to the increase of online video group meetings. If you want to join the video group chat and also want it to work, you must have the updated to version 2.20.50 of WhatsApp.
To initiate a call, you need to have an active group chat. If the contacts have more than 8 participants, you will be asked the contacts you want to call, or the call will be initiated automatically.
How to create a group video chat on WhatsApp
- First thing you need to do to launch the WhatsApp and select the Calls tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. The second thing you need to do is to tap the Call icon
3. Then select the new Call Groups at the top of the contact lists
4. Next, add up to 7 participate by tapping on them in your contents as seen above.
5. Once that is done, tap the video call button, which the camera icon, or the Audio call option, (the phone icon) to make the call.
Here are the few steps to take if you want to create a group video chat on WhatsApp. Note that if anyone on your contact is using the WhatsApp old version, it will not connect until they updated to the new version.